WhatsApp is a well-known messagingapp that allows you to stay in touch with friends and family. Thiscross-platform app has been downloaded by millions of people all over theworld.
Although WhatsApp is a fantastic app, there are some instances where you may accidentally delete messages from your WhatsApp conversation history. If this happens, don't worry! In this article, we will show you how to see and recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone step by step.
- 1. Recover Deleted Messages From Whatsapp Backup
- 2. Recover Deleted Messages From iCloud Backup
- 3. Recover Deleted Messages From iTunes Backup
Part 1. Why Could Whatsapp’s “Deleted Messages” Be Retrieved?
The iPhone has most likely alreadypreserved your WhatsApp chats in an iTunes or iCloud backup from which you canretrieve your deleted chats using some official procedures or a data recoverytool.
Furthermore, even if you haven'tmade a backup and mistakenly erased messages, the data on your iPhone won't becleared right away. Rather, it is kept invisibly and shifted to"unallocated" space, from which it can be recovered using a reliabledata recovery software.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages on iPhone With Backup?
Now that you know why deletedWhatsApp chats can be recovered, let's move on to how to recover deletedWhatsApp messages on iPhone.
There are three basic scenarios inwhich you can retrieve deleted WhatsApp conversations from your iPhone.
1. Recover Deleted Messages From WhatsApp Backup
AlthoughiPhone users may see a chat backup option in WhatsApp, the backup will only bekept on iCloud if you have enabled the WhatsApp backup in the settings.WhatsApp itself does not offer any backup service.
So, if you had already backed upyour WhatsApp messages before deleting them, you can easily restore them usingthe steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: First of all, to see the most recent backup time and size, open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Step 2: Remove WhatsApp from your iPhone, then reinstall it. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the WhatsApp as usual. Now, sign in by using your old phone number (the one that was synced with iCloud) and the old backup file will be restored.
- If your most recent WhatsApp messages aren't backed up, you can lose them.
- It may take a long time to complete the process.
- It will also require sufficient iCloud storage as well.
2. Recover Deleted Messages From iCloud Backup
Another way is to recover deletedWhatsApp messages from iCloud backup. It is highly recommended that you back upyour existing data before proceeding with the steps because this method willremove all the data on your phone.
- Step 1: Simply go to "Settings", then "General" and select "Reset". Tap on "Erase All Content and Settings".
- Step 2: Your iPhone will restart and after the reset is complete, you will be asked to set it up as a new device. During the setup process, pick "Restore from iCloud Backup" and sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Step 3: Select the backup file containing the WhatsApp messages you wish to recover and then "Restore".
- It erases all iPhone data.
- It's also a complex and time-consuming process.
- There's no guarantee that the data you restored will come back with your WhatsApp messages or not.
3. Recover Deleted Messages From iTunes Backup
You can restore lost WhatsAppmessages from iTunes backups if you were routinely backup your iPhone withiTunes.
You'll need the latest version ofiTunes installed on your computer, as well as an iPhone cable.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to a PC or Mac and open iTunes.
- Step 2: First click on your iPhone's name, and then the "Summary" tab.
- Step 3: Click "Restore Backup" and choose the most recent backup file to get your WhatsApp messages back.
- It rewrites all of your device's data.
- There is no way to preview the data in the backup and affirm that the WhatsApp messages are included.
Part 3. How to See/Recover Deleted WhatsApp Message on iPhone Without Backup
Now we'll get to the most importantsection of the article: what if you don't back up the data? In this case, theonly way to retrieve your deleted WhatsApp messages is to use a professionaltool.
iFindit is definitely one of thebest and most commonly used data recovery tools. It is designed to give users asimple solution to recover their lost or deleted data. It's pretty simple touse and works with a variety of iOS devices. Even if you don't have a backup,iFindit can recover deleted WhatsApp messages from your iPhone.
Here are some of its otherremarkable features:
- It also allows you to preview the data before deciding to restore it, which is useful if you only want to recover a few WhatsApp messages rather than all of them.
- It provides the scanning and previewing services for free.
- It can not only recover WhatsApp messages, but also photos, videos, contacts, notes, and more.
- It is completely virus- and malware-free, so you can rest assured that your device is secure.
- 1 Go to UnicTool iFindit's official website and download the software. Install and run it. Select "Recover from iOS device". Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- 2 Select "Next", and choose the data type you'd like to recover.
- 3 Select "Scan" and wait for the software to scan your device.
- 4 Once the data has been scanned, you may preview it and choose which WhatsApp messages you want to restore.Then click the "Recover" button.
There are a few different ways youcan try to see and recover deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone. However, notall of them will work, and it depends on the situation.
If you're having trouble retrievingdata from your iPhone and don't know where to start, we recommend using iFindit, which has been proven to be one of the best tools for doing so.Make iFindityour first choice for dealing with data loss.